Dunedin Car Rental
Enjoy some of Dunedin’s highlights by car rental
Dunedin is the second largest city in the South Island, located on the Otago Peninsula. Home to the University of Otago, New Zealand’s oldest and largest university, Dunedin has a large student population, resulting in plenty of bars and restaurants and excellent nightlife. Whether you are after car rental for a day’s touring in the City or you are planning a journey of discovery around the Otago region, Dunedin is the ideal place to start a tour of the lower South Island.
Steeped in history and full of amazing architecture, there are many places to see and things to do in Dunedin, so make the most of your time and get around with a Dunedin car rental.
Dunedin highlights to explore
- Baldwin Street – check out the steepest street in the world – it’s in the Guinness Book of Records!
- Larnach Castle – visit New Zealand’s only castle for dramatic architecture and panoramic views of Dunedin.
- Orokonui Ecosanctuary – experience a natural encounter with rare New Zealand wildlife in the only forest in the South Island protected from introduced predators and pests.
- Otago Peninsula – the home of rare marine life including Yellow-eyed Penguins, New Zealand Fur Seals, Hooker’s Sea Lions, and the world’s only mainland breeding colony of Royal Albatross.
- Otago Museum – head to Dunedin’s most visited attraction and immerse yourself in history and culture with their extensive collection of treasures and artefacts from all over the world.
- Tunnel Beach – explore dramatic cliffs and sea-carved pillars, arches and caves at this stunning secluded beach.
Take the stress out of your holiday planning and organise your Dunedin car hire with USAVE. We make it our mission to help you enjoy your time in New Zealand, and you’ll get friendly Kiwi service, quality rental vehicles and great car hire rates.