Things To Do In Christchurch This Christmas 2018
Thursday, October 18th, 2018Read about 'Things To Do In Christchurch This Christmas 2018' on USAVE, the place for all things car rental.
Looking for the best things to do in Christchurch this Christmas? Then look no further, we have made a list (and checked it twice) to come up with the 10 best Christmas themed events you simply can’t miss in Christchurch City this festive season.
1. Coca‑Cola Christmas In The Park
Kick off the festive season with a bang at Christchurch’s Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park 2018. Now in its 25th year, the free festival is a great way for the whole family to get in the Christmas spirit and enjoy entertainment from some of the region’s most popular performers. Find out more about the Christchurch Christmas in the Park including this year’s line-up, parking and facilities for the disabled at the official website.
- When: Saturday 24th November 2018 (weather permitting)
- What Time: 7.30 pm
- Where: North Hagley Park, Christchurch
2. Multi Media Communications Santa Parade 2018
Bringing the Christmas spirit to the streets of Christchurch the free Multi Media Communications Santa Parade is set to delight and entertain this Christmas. A new route along Madras Street will provide the backdrop for the multitude of performers, spectacular floats, music and fun for all ages.
- When: Sunday 2nd December 2018
- What Time: 2 pm to 3:15 pm
- Where: Madras Street (from the corner of St Asaph to the corner of Kilmore Street) Christchurch
3. New Brighton Seaside Christmas Parade
Meet Santa the Kiwi way – down at the beach! Enjoy this unique seaside Santa parade with the whole family and don’t forget your swim wear! Browse the seaside market from 10am, visit Santa’s grotto from 11.30 am and enjoy the concert and parade at 10.30 am.
- When: Saturday 8th December 2018
- What Time: 10 am to 2 pm
- Where: New Brighton Pedestrian Mall, Brighton Mall, New Brighton, Christchurch
4. The Magic Of Christmas
The Christchurch City Chorus choir presents a beautiful Christmas themed musical performance to celebrate the festive season in style. Book online or by phone, tickets cost $25 adults, $20 for Seniors and $10 for children.
- When: Saturday 15th December 2018
- What Time: 2 pm to 4 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm
- Where: Harmony Church, 220 Antigua Street, Christchurch
5. The Great NZ Santa Run/Walk
Get active and enjoy this Christmas themed 2-3 km fun run/walk with a twist. Participants make their way along the course dressed in a Santa Suit! Free Santa Suits are provided for all adults as part of the entry fee or make your own costume and come as an Elf, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer or other fun Christmas characters. Registration is from 5 pm to 6 pm and the race starts at 6.30 pm.
- When: Wednesday 5th December 2018
- What Time: 6:30 pm
- Where: Hagley Park North, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch
6. Arts Centre Christmas Market
Visit the Arts Centre Christmas market for a great place to pick up some fantastic locally made art and crafts, vintage goods, fresh produce, home baking and much more. Find that perfect gift for the hard-to-buy-for and treat yourself to some great coffee along the way.
- When: Sunday 9th December 2018
- What Time: 10 am to 4 pm
- Where: The Gym and Market Square, The Arts Centre, Christchurch
7. Deck The Halls – A Celebration Of The Festive Season
Appreciate the musical talents of the finest violinists in New Zealand, Fiona Pears and the nationally acclaimed Christchurch Cathedral Choir at Christchurch’s Cardboard Cathedral this Christmas. Ticket prices range from $20 to $45 depending on seats chosen, additional fees may apply.
- When: Saturday 15th December 2018
- What Time: 7 pm to 9.30 pm
- Where: The Transitional Cathedral, Latimer Square, Christchurch
8. Love Light Christmas Market
Explore over 100 stalls at this delightful Christmas market and find some great Christmas gift ideas and handmade arts and crafts from the local community. Free children’s entertainment is provided and admission is free.
- When: Saturday 1st December 2018
- What Time: 11 am to 3 pm
- Where: 280 Hasketts Road, Yaldhurst, Christchurch
9. A Festive Christmas
The Christchurch Symphony Orchestra presents this musical celebration for Christmas 2018. The line-up includes the usual seasonal orchestral favourites, a good mix of Christmas carols, and some special guest soloist performances. Tickets range from $21.75 through to $60 depending on seat selection. The performance is recommended for children over the age of ten years.
- When: Wednesday 19th December 2018
- What Time: 6.30 pm
- Where: Isaac Theatre Royal, 145 Gloucester Street, Christchurch Central
10. Rydges Latimer Giant Christmas Party
Want to party this Christmas? Head down Rydges Latimer Hotel and join in the festive fun at their Mexican Fiesta themed giant Christmas party. Enjoy a Christmas buffet, live band, spot prizes and a complimentary drink on arrival. Tickets cost $85 per person and include complimentary parking and discounted accommodation if required.
- When: Saturday 8th December 2018, Saturday 15th December 2018, Thursday 20th December 2018 or Friday 21st December 2018
- What Time: Yet to be confirmed.
- Where: 30 Latimer Square, Christchurch Central
Enjoy the best of the festive season with these great Christchurch Christmas celebrations. Travelling in a group with a designated driver? Check out USAVE Car REntal’s affordable minivan rentals, minibus hire and people movers – perfect for the festive season.