Highlife New Years Eve 2019 – Auckland
Wednesday, November 27th, 2019Read about 'Highlife New Years Eve 2019 – Auckland' on USAVE, the place for all things car rental.
Celebrating New Year’s Eve in style seasoned event organisers Highlife are bringing an epic New Year’s Eve celebration to New Zealand for 2019.
With a line-up that includes both local and international DJs, talented musicians, singers, dancers and various performers, the event will be the hit for New Zealander’s this summer. Along with the amazing performances the event will take on a festival feel with an abundance of delicious food options and areas to chill out and relax.
Ascension Wine Estate is the location for this years epic New Years Eve event. You will find them at 480 Matakana Road, Matakana, 31st December 2019 from 3pm to 1 am.
The Ascension Wine Estate location is approximately 50 minutes drive from Auckland and has your pick of transport options. Choose from local buses, rent a car or utilise cycle and scooter modes if you are staying nearby. Only about 60 km from Auckland’s central city, Ascension Wine Estate function and events centre provides a modern, innovative venue for the Highlife New Year’s Eve event.
- By Bus. The Ascension Wine Estate is accessible by public bus services to Warkworth. Auckland bus timetables can be viewed online here.
- By Rental Car. Affordable car rental is always a popular option in Auckland – look for local car hire companies who will provide a free pick-up service from your accommodation. Access to the Ascension Wine Estate by car is easy and complimentary car parking will be available on-site (it is necessary to produce event tickets upon entry to the carpark).
- By Charter Bus. There is also a Highlife New Year’s Eve Day Charter Bus Service on offer for party goers on the day. Tickets range from $26 to $30 depending on your destination, departure points are from Auckland Central City, Matakana, Omaha, Leigh, Snellshttps://highlifenye.co.nz/transport/ Beach and Warkworth with various time tabling options – see website.
- By Taxi. Matakabs and Warkworth Taxis are the official Taxi service partners for the event, they will have taxis available throughout the day from the designated Taxi rank in operation on the night.
What To Expect
A “premium, open air party atmosphere” is what renowned event organisers Highlife have promised party goers this December. Headliners The Black Seeds from New Zealand and German born David Puentez and The Cube Guys from Italy will be taking centre stage during the event along with a diverse range of performances from others in the impressive line-up.
This includes appearances from Latin Aotearoa, General Lee and Grant Marshall along with DJ Reminise and Bobby Brazuka. Jordan Lee, Lucas oliver and Murray Sweetpants are also hitting the stage along with many more popular artists.
There will be multilple stages on the go for the duration of the event offering a choice of artists and genres for all. A variety of food options will be also be available on the day offering party goers the chance to refuel and regroup, however it is still OK to bring your own snacks if you wish.
Need To Know Before You Go
- Tickets. General admission entry costs $105 – $145 per person, Highlife New Year’s Eve tickets are limited (VIP upgrades are available).
- Times. Gates open at 3 pm, the event closes at 1 am.
- Restricted Entry. It is important to note the Highlife New Year’s Eve event is restricted to persons 22 years and over.
- VIP’s. VIP’s enjoy a complimentary beverage upon arrival, the use of comfortable outdoor furniture and access to the VIP bathrooms and separate outdoor area.
- Alcohol. There is a strict zero tolerance alcohol policy for people that are heavily intoxicated. Entry may be refused or people may be asked to leave.
- Bus Charter. The Highlife New Year’s Eve Charter bus service will begin loading 15 minutes prior to the departure time with options out of Auckland Central City, Matakana, Omaha, Leigh, Snells Beach and Warkworth.
Accommodation In Matakana And Warkworth
Whether looking for accommodation near Matakana or in the wider Auckland area visitors will find there are all kinds of quality accommodation options suitable for any budget. Some great accommodation websites to aid in your search are;
The Highlife New Year’s Day organisers also have a list of ideas for finding accommodation providers on their website, or check out some of the top accommodation providers in Auckland here.
Top 5 Things To Do In Auckland To Kick Off 2020
In Auckland to see in the New Year? There are so many great activities and attractions to see and do in Auckland including awesome shopping, yummy restaurants, beautiful beaches, arts, culture and an abundance of harbour adventures all within easy driving distance. The hardest thing will be deciding what to do first! To help you out here are our top 5 things to do in Auckland.
1. Leap Off the Auckland City Sky Tower
You simply can’t miss this now iconic Sky Tower structure as it looms above the Auckland skyline. At 328 metres tall it holds the record as New Zealand’s tallest building, three separate observation decks offer stunning 360 degree views over Auckland City and beyond. Visitors can choose to leap from the lofty heights of the Sky Tower – plummeting 190 metres towards the ground for an unforgettable base-jump-by-wire experience, or make your way around the edge of the tower on the SkyWalk. The Sky Tower is also home to a casino and three restaurants.
2. Enjoy Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium
One of Auckland’s premier tourist attractions, Kelly Tarltons provides fun for the whole family. Over thirty live animal exhibits are on display, the underwater tunnels make for an unforgettable viewing experience and don’t miss the world’s largest Antarctic penguin colony exhibit. The Sea Life Aquarium is open from 9.30am to 5pm every day and is located at 23 Tamaki Drive, Orakei, just 15 minutes drive from Auckland City.
3. Explore The Auckland Domain
Auckland’s oldest park, The Auckland Domain is a great place to relax, unwind and get some fresh air. Wander the green open spaces, take a picnic or just soak up the sun. Don’t miss the Auckland War Memorial Museum for some authentic New Zealand Maori artefacts and the Wintergarden Complex for an interesting collection of rare and exotic plants.
4. Take A Cruise To Waiheke
For many visitors to the Auckland region heading over to Waiheke Island always tops the list of things to do. Waiheke Island is a popular scenic destination which offers plenty of boutique wineries, fine dining and numerous walking, kayaking, bike riding and adventure activities, along with a fantastic art scene. The Waiheke Island ferries depart on a regular basis from downtown Auckland, you can even take your rental car over with you on the ferry.
5. Hit The Beach At Mission Bay
Soak up some sun on Auckland’s beautiful Mission Bay Beach, enjoy Fish and Chips in the manner in which they were intended, take a stroll along the beach while taking in the beautiful views out over the Bay and on to Rangitoto Island. Mission Bay is just a short 20 minute drive from Auckland, and is very near Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium if you want to combine the two.
Take a look here for more ideas on the best things to do in Auckland? Short on time? Check out our helpful tips on how to best spend 48 Hours in Auckland. Have the time of your life in Auckland this New Year’s with the Highlife New Year’s Eve party and make the most of everything Auckland has to offer.