Highlife New Years Day – Auckland
Thursday, October 19th, 2017Read about 'Highlife New Years Day – Auckland' on USAVE, the place for all things car rental.
Following a worldwide trend towards celebrating New Year’s Day as well as New Year’s Eve, seasoned event organisers Highlife are bringing an epic New Year’s Day celebration to New Zealand this January 2018.
With a line-up that includes both local and international DJs, talented musicians, singers, dancers and various performers, the event will be the first of its kind for New Zealander’s this summer. Along with the amazing performances the event will take on a festival feel with an abundance of delicious food options, areas to chill out in and private party spaces available for hire.
Takapuna’s iconic Smales Farm is where all the action is going down on the 1st January 2018 from 1pm to 11 pm.
Located at 72 Taharoto Road, Takapuna, Auckland, the Smales Farm precinct includes expansive green spaces, excellent onsite facilities and has a focus on sustainable business solutions and next-generation technology.
The Smales Farm location on the North Shore has your pick of easy transport options. Choose from local buses, rent a car or utilise the multiple cycle and scooter parks if you are staying nearby. Only about 10 km from Auckland’s central city Smale Farm provides a modern, innovative venue for the Highlife New Year’s Day event.
- By Bus. The Smales Farm Bus Station is a popular stop on the Northern Express Bus Route, offering good city wide connections. Buses are in transit every 10 minutes with the trip to Britomart in the central city taking approximately 30 mins. From Auckland International Airport the bus will take anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours depending on traffic volumes. Auckland bus timetables can be viewed online.
- By Rental Car. Affordable car rental is always a popular option in Auckland – look for local car hire companies who will provide a free pick-up service from your accommodation. Access to the Smale Farm Precinct is made easy by the close proximity of the Northern Motorway, complimentary car parking is available on-site (it is necessary to produce event tickets upon entry to the carpark). By car the trip to the city centre is only a short ten minute drive and just 30 minutes drive to the Auckland international Airport.
- By Charter Bus. There is also a Highlife New Year’s Day Charter Bus Service on offer for party goers on the day. Tickets cost $15 for a return service, departure points are from Ponsonby and central Auckland with two time tabling options one for leaving at 1pm returning at 10 pm and the other leaving at 2.30 pm with a return time of 11 pm.
- By Taxi. Alert Taxi’s are the official Taxi service partner for the event, they will have taxis available throughout the day from the designated Taxi rank in operation from 9pm on the night.
What To Expect
A “premium, open air party atmosphere” is what renowned event organisers Highlife have promised party goers this January. Headliners Ron Carroll from the USA and German born Tai will be taking centre stage during the event along with a diverse range of performances from others in the impressive line-up.
This includes appearances from Mr & Mrs Haines, Aroha and Tali, Karn Hall and Jarrod Phillips along with DJ Lucas, DJ Reminise, Alex Q and Cameron Harris. Zeisha Fremaux, Jordan Lee, Scotty Mayes and Murray Sweetpants are also hitting the stage along with many more popular artists.
There will be three stages on the go for the duration of the event offering a choice of artists and genres for all. A variety of food stalls will be also be available on the day offering party goers the chance to refuel and regroup, however it is still OK to bring your own snacks if you wish.
Need To Know Before You Go
- Tickets. General admission entry costs $95 per person, Highlife New Year’s Day tickets are limited,(VIP upgrades are available).
- Times. Gates open at 1 pm, the event closes at 11 pm.
- Restricted Entry. It is important to note the Highlife New Year’s Day event is restricted to persons 21 years and over.
- VIP’s. The VIP area is situated around the main stage, VIP’s enjoy a complimentary beverage upon arrival, the use of comfortable outdoor furniture and access to the VIP bathrooms.
- Alcohol. There is a strict zero tolerance alcohol policy for people that are heavily intoxicated. Entry may be refused or people may be asked to leave.
- Bus Charter. The Highlife New Year’s Day Charter bus service will begin loading 30 minutes prior to the departure time, so best not to be late.
Accommodation In Auckland
Whether looking for accommodation near Takapuna or in the wider Auckland area visitors will find there are all kinds of quality accommodation options suitable for any budget.
The Highlife New Year’s Day organisers have a list of recommended accommodation providers on their website, or check out some of the top accommodation providers in Auckland here.
Top 5 Things To Do In Auckland To Kick Off 2018
In Auckland to see in the New Year? There are so many great activities and attractions to see and do in Auckland including awesome shopping, yummy restaurants, beautiful beaches, arts, culture and an abundance of harbour adventures all within easy driving distance. The hardest thing will be deciding what to do first! To help you out here are our top 5 things to do in Auckland.
1. Leap Off the Auckland City Sky Tower
You simply can’t miss this now iconic Sky Tower structure as it looms above the Auckland skyline. At 328 metres tall it holds the record as New Zealand’s tallest building, three separate observation decks offer stunning 360 degree views over Auckland City and beyond. Visitors can choose to leap from the lofty heights of the Sky Tower – plummeting 190 metres towards the ground for an unforgettable base-jump-by-wire experience, or make your way around the edge of the tower on the SkyWalk. The Sky Tower is also home to a casino and three restaurants.
2. Enjoy Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium
One of Auckland’s premier tourist attractions, Kelly Tarltons provides fun for the whole family. Over thirty live animal exhibits are on display, the underwater tunnels make for an unforgettable viewing experience and don’t miss the world’s largest Antarctic penguin colony exhibit. The Sea Life Aquarium is open from 9.30am to 5pm every day and is located at 23 Tamaki Drive, Orakei, just 15 minutes drive from Auckland City.
3. Explore The Auckland Domain
Auckland’s oldest park, The Auckland Domain is a great place to relax, unwind and get some fresh air. Wander the green open spaces, take a picnic or just soak up the sun. Don’t miss the Auckland War Memorial Museum for some authentic New Zealand Maori artefacts and the Wintergarden Complex for an interesting collection of rare and exotic plants.
4. Take A Cruise To Waiheke
For many visitors to the Auckland region heading over to Waiheke Island always tops the list of things to do. Waiheke Island is a popular scenic destination which offers plenty of boutique wineries, fine dining and numerous walking, kayaking, bike riding and adventure activities, along with a fantastic art scene. The Waiheke Island ferries depart on a regular basis from downtown Auckland, you can even take your rental car over with you on the ferry.
5. Hit The Beach At Mission Bay
Soak up some sun on Auckland’s beautiful Mission Bay Beach, enjoy Fish and Chips in the manner in which they were intended, take a stroll along the beach while taking in the beautiful views out over the Bay and on to Rangitoto Island. Mission Bay is just a short 20 minute drive from Auckland, and is very near Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium if you wanted to combine the two.
Take a look here for more ideas on the best things to do in Auckland? Short on time? Check out our helpful tips on how to best spend 48 Hours in Auckland. Have the time of your life in Auckland this New Year’s with the Highlife New Year’s Day party and make the most of everything Auckland has to offer.