Auckland Car Hire
Enjoy some of Auckland’s highlights by hire car
A USAVE Auckland hire car will allow you to see all the attractions that the ‘City of Sails’ has to offer. Auckland is New Zealand’s largest city and provides visitors with amazing scenery, beautiful beaches, fantastic food and wine, exciting nightlife and great shopping.
Auckland has a stunning waterfront location and you will find a whole range of water sports and sailing opportunities available. Drive your USAVE Auckland hire car for a short drive to Auckland’s surrounding hills covered with lush rainforest where you can take an invigorating walk, or head further afield and explore the rest of the North Island.
Just off the coast of Auckland, dozens of dormant volcanoes lie in the Hauraki Gulf. Island getaways are easily accessible from Auckland, and Waiheke Island and Great Barrier Island provide fantastic holiday spots.
Auckland’s great climate, easy access to excellent beaches and opportunities for a wide range of activities make Auckland a great place to visit, and it is consistently in the top rankings of international lifestyle surveys.
With a USAVE Auckland hire car you’ll have easy access to Auckland’s hot spots and can explore the highlights at your own pace.
Auckland highlights to explore
- Auckland Museum – noted for its displays of New Zealand’s natural history, masterpieces of Maori art, and bird life.
- Auckland City Art Gallery – hosts a fine selection of New Zealand and European works and international exhibitions.
- Auckland Harbour Bridge – view the city from a different perspective on a bridge climb adventure.
- Auckland Sky Tower – be brave and go for an exhilarating SkyWalk or SkyJump – or do both if you dare!
- Auckland Botanic Gardens – amble through the 64 hectares of gardens and discover some of the 10,000 plants on display.
- Rangitoto Island – explore the dormant volcano with amazing views, just 35 minutes from Auckland by ferry.
- Waiheke Island – a peaceful getaway located just 35 minutes by ferry from Auckland.
- Great Barrier Island – visit this unspoilt, tranquil island 90km north east of Auckland.
- Dolphin and whale watching – take a boat trip to see these captivating marine animals in the Hauraki Gulf.
Find out where to rent an affordable New Zealand rental car in while you are in Auckland.