Dunedin Car Rentals
Looking for cheap car hire at Dunedin Airport? The USAVE Car Rentals Dunedin car hire branch is located close to both Dunedin’s central city and the Dunedin airport making car hire in Dunedin convenient and hassle free.
Airport Pick Up And Drop Off
We provide a free pick-up and drop-off service from your accommodation within the central city area. If you are flying into Dunedin our agent has a counter at the airport for an on-site airport service, pick up and drop off is provided for a small fee (NZ$19.00).
Dunedin Car Rentals Depot
The USAVE Car Rentals Dunedin branch is located in Bradford, on the Kaikorai Valley Road. A short 20 minute drive from Dunedin’s international airport, only 5 minutes from the central city and 10 minutes from the University of Otago.
Dunedin Car Rental Branch Address
313 Kaikorai Valley Road Bradford Dunedin
Phone: +64 9 256 9430
Open 7.30am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday; 8.00am – 5.00pm Saturday/Sunday (unattended after hours pick up and drop off available)
View USAVE Dunedin on Google+.
Dunedin – The Cruise Ship Destination
Dunedin’s convenient location at the head of the Otago Harbour, close proximity to many lower South Island attractions an intriguing history and cultural vitality has led to its rise in popularity as a Cruise Ship destination. When arriving in Dunedin by cruise ship it makes sense to hire a car from USAVE Car Rentals giving you the freedom and flexibility to see the best the region has to offer. Not sure where to start? The team at USAVE Car Rentals Dunedin have put together this handy list of must-do Dunedin highlights.
- Take A Wildlife Tour On The Otago Peninsula. Home to one of the world’s rarest penguin’s – the Yellow Eyed penguin, the world’s only mainland colony of Royal Albatross and of course the Little Blue Penguin colony at Pilots Beach.
- Relax In The Chinese Gardens. Created in celebration of the historic contribution of the early Chinese settlers, the Dunedin Chinese Gardens offer the perfect surrounds for reflection, contemplation and relaxation.
- Visit Port Chalmers. The docking point for visiting cruise ships, Port Chalmers is a charming little town full to the brim with wide range of culture and art. Find everything from painters and musicians to jewellers, potters, sculptors and fashion designers as well as an eclectic mix of accommodation, antiques, cafes and restaurants.
- Photograph The Dunedin Railway Station. Encapsulating the wealth and rich history of Dunedin, the Dunedin Railway Station building is the place for a great photo op.
Dunedin – The Student Hub
The first official university ever built in New Zealand; the University of Otago is the hub of the lively student life Dunedin has become known for. University students in Dunedin enjoy a wide ranging choice of study options and opportunities to immerse themselves in the local community. Here are just a few of the best things about Dunedin when studying at the Otago University.
- The Central Campus Location. Dunedin’s central city is just a few minutes’ walk from the University campus; students are able to enjoy the colourful city centre and all it has to offer including cafés, restaurants, bars, galleries, street art, boutiques and shopping centres.
- The Gutbuster On Baldwin Street. Held annually on the world’s steepest street, Gutbuster competitors make the grueling journey up and back down Baldwin Street racing each other as they go. The famous Jaffa Race is also held on Baldwin Street.
- The Otago Harbour. A short distance from the eastern side of campus the Otago Harbour offers students kayaking, rowing, windsurfing and yachting opportunities along with many great fishing spots.
- The Beautiful Botanic Gardens. Only a few hundred metres from the Otago University campus is the Dunedin Botanic Gardens. Covering 28 hectares the gardens contain over 6,800 plant species, the perfect place for a lunch break or some study outdoors.
Whether you are in Dunedin on a cruise ship holiday, self-drive tour of New Zealand or visiting family at the Otago University USAVE Car Rentals Dunedin have the perfect hire car for any occasion. Choose from a wide variety of cars for hire from smaller more economic cars and sedans through to larger station wagons, SUV’s, 4WD’s and minibuses. Need a GPS to help you get around Dunedin? No problem USAVE Car Rentals Dunedin have got it covered, ask about our handy add-ons and extras today.